Dry Needling and Segmental Needling - Advanced Upper Body Course - Canberra, Australia
Time & Location
About the Event
As with the introductory course, this advanced course has a large practical component with particular emphasis on safe needling practice as set out in the latest PAANZ and IAPPT safety guidelines. The course is designed to help practitioners continue to integrate dry needling and segmental needling into their clinical approach with a view to addressing the underlying causes of some of the more difficult clinical presentations we treat (including headache, cervical dysfunction, TMJ disorders and scapulothorax dysnfunctions). As with the introductory segmental and dry needling course there is emphasis on how to address the underlying cause(s) of these clinicial presentaions.
- Review the local, segmental and extra-segmental effects of segmental needling
- Review the aetiology of trigger points and the neurophysiological effects of dry needling trigger points
- Integrate dry needling and segmental needling into musculoskeletal clinical reasoning
- Review contra-indications, precautions, infection control and scope of practice
- Review traditional meridian points as they relate to segmental needling
- Safely segmentally needle meridian points that relate to upper body conditions commonly treated by physiotherapists
- Safely dry needle trigger points around the head, neck and thorax that relate to common and more difficult musculoskeletal
conditions that are treated by physiotherapists
Presenter: Trevor Montgomery
BHSc (Physiotherapy) PGDHSc (Manipulative Physiotherapy) PGCertHSc (Western Acupuncture) MHSc (1st Class Hons) TPI Level 3 Medical Professional TPI Level 3 Fitness Professional TPI Level 3 Golf Instructor TPI Level 3 Junior Coach TPI Level 1 CGFI Reg Phys Acup
Trevor is New Zealand-trained physiotherapist who holds an undergraduate degree in Physiotherapy, a postgraduate diploma in Manipulative Physiotherapy, a postgraduate certificate in Acupuncture and a Masters of Health Science (1st Class Hons) from the Auckland University of Technology. He qualified in 1996 and has owned a physiotherapy practice since 1997. Since graduating Trevor has developed a comprehensive tool kit to help him solve difficult musculoskeletal problems in both the golfer and non-golfer alike. Trevor is currently one of the highest TPI certified Medical Professionals in Australasia. Having taught over 150 introductory and advanced courses for AUT, PAANZ, the APA of Australia and Asia over the last 11 years,Trevor brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to his teaching in this specialty area.
Trevor is the founder of Golf Works Ltd in New Zealand which has been providing golf-specific physiotherapy and training programmes for touring professional and elite amateur and club golfers since 1998 when he was asked to be the physiotherapist at the World Cup of Golf at Gulf Harbour Country Club. Since then he has worked with a large number of touring professionals and winners on the US, European, Asian and Australasian PGA tours.
Trevor's passion for problem solving and his diverse range of physiotherapy skill sets helps golfers 'Maximize their Swing Potential', providing all levels of golfers with bodies that will help them to optimize their golf swings, minimize their injury risk and help them to realize their golfing potential. Trevor takes the same proactive approach when looking after his stable of multisport athletes, both amateur and world champion alike.
- Early Bird (up to 30/09/19)$690$6900$0
- Standard Rate (from 01/10/19)$740$7400$0